Are you frustrated by constantly having to shave or wax back or body hair? Laser hair removal is the ultimate answer to your unwanted hair problems. Whether you want a smooth, hairless appearance or to simply thin out your body hair, our team can meet your needs quickly and effectively.
We provide customized treatments to remove hair and help you achieve the look that your ideal appearance. While the most commonly treated areas for men are backs, shoulders, chests, and abs, we also provide treatments for beards and necklines to reduce the “five o’clock shadow” and irritation involved in shaving these areas.
As hair grows in stages, you will need several treatments to produce the results that you are looking for.
Prior to your laser hair removal treatment, please:
- Shave the day before your treatment
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks before your appointment
- Do not wax or pluck for 2 weeks before your appointment
- Do not use self-tanning lotion
- Do not use any products that increase skin sensitivity for 1 week before treatment
Following your laser hair removal treatment, your skin may have a pink or reddish color for a day or so, but should regain its natural color within a few hours after your session. There is no downtime necessary after your treatment, and you can resume your normal activities when you leave Body Sculpting Med Spa.
We recommend that you:
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Do not exercise the day after your treatment
- Do not take a hot shower or bath the day after your treatment
- Do not exfoliate your skin or use strong products that could irritate it for several days following treatment
If you have questions about laser hair removal for men in New York, New York, and to schedule your consultation at Body Sculpting Med Spa, please call us today at 212-989-6555!
Hair Removal FAQs
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal permanently removes unwanted face and body hair. It uses selective thermolysis to target pigments and generate heat to remove hair and prevent regrowth from occurring.
Are the results permanent?
Yes. Laser hair removal permanently removes unwanted hair, and progressively less visible hair growth will be apparent after each session.
How many sessions will I need?
Since hair grows in cycles, you may need several sessions in order to complete your treatment. We will work with you to determine how many sessions you will need to achieve the desired results.