Body Sculpting Med Spa uses state-of-the-art laser technology to permanently remove unwanted hair from your body. We welcome you to call us at 212-989-6555 to schedule your personalized consultation with our team to discuss laser hair removal and develop a treatment plan that will help you realize your goals. During this consultation, we will discuss and asses the areas of concern so that you will have realistic expectations of your treatment based on your hair and skin type.
Hair can be removed from any area of your body, including your face. Laser hair removal works using the principle of selective thermolysis. This means that it specifically targets pigment. For this reason, laser hair removal treatment will be most effective when there is greater contrast between the skin and the hair. The laser will target the dark pigment within the root of the hair, generating heat that removes the hair and prevents regrowth.
To prepare for your treatment, we recommend that you:
- Shave a day prior to treatment
- Stay out of the sun for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not wax or pluck for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not use products that increase skin sensitivity for 1 week before treatment
- Do not use self-tanning lotion
When you receive a laser hair removal treatment, you can expect:
- The removal of unwanted body hair
- Progressively less visible hair growth after each laser session
Your skin will regain its natural color shortly after your session, though a pink or reddish color may linger for a day or two. As hair grows in stages, your treatment may require several sessions to complete.
Following your treatment, we recommend that you:
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks
- Do not exercise the day after your treatment
- Do not take a hot shower or bath the day of your treatment
- Do not exfoliate your skin or use strong products that could irritate it
If you have any questions about laser hair removal in New York, New York, or to schedule a consultation at our office, please call Body Sculpting Med Spa today.
If you are a man interested in laser hair removal, please follow the link below to learn more about laser hair removal for men: